Travelling outside of Canada is exciting, but not without risk. While inside the country, you are covered by your Canadian health care, international travel leaves you open to financial issues if you are injured or fall ill without the appropriate travel insurance product.
Travel insurance can be used to cover a variety of travel related problems, including:
- Missed flights
- Lost luggage
- Additional travel expenses
- Medical care
- Emergency services
- Tow trucks
- Vehicle repair
Travel insurance may begin working the moment you book a trip. This means you could include coverage that protects against rescheduled flights, cancelled vacation packages and more.
Why Buy Travel Insurance with Ron Johnston?
For more than four decades, Ron Johnston Insurance has served the people of Ontario in a broad range of travel health insurance services.
Being a local business, our team of experienced brokers know we aren’t just serving clients, but friends and neighbors. We strive to provide the greatest level of protection on all holiday insurance policies while meeting your budget needs with every quote.
When you work with Ron Johnston Insurance for your trip insurance policy, you work with a team who believes in:
Above and Beyond – Our life insurance brokers work around the clock to find the best deals for our clients. We aren’t satisfied until we know all your needs have been met, and you have peace of mind about your travel insurance.
- Express Claims – We offer express claims on our travel health insurance for accessibility and convenience.
- Customer Satisfaction – Your satisfaction is important to us. Our business is protecting you and your family from financial complications arising from trip cancellation, flight delays, lost luggage, and more. If you aren’t satisfied, we aren’t doing our job right.
What Does Travel Insurance Cover?
There are two types of travel insurance Canadians can purchase. These are standard and extended trip insurance options.
Standard Travel Insurance
Within any basic travel policy, you should have coverage on:
- Pre-existing health concerns – If you require testing or treatment for a medical condition which is known to your insurer, you should be covered through your travel insurance.
- Checkups and evaluations – If you require a medical examination while outside of Canada holiday insurance has you covered.
- Evacuation to Canada – In a serious event where you need to leave the country you are visiting and return home for medical attention evacuation should be included.
- Medical travel costs – Emergency transportation can be expensive. Travel health insurance ensures these costs don’t come out of pocket.
- Repatriation of remains – In the event of your death, your travel insurance pays to have your remains transported back to Canada for burial.
Extended Travel Insurance
There are an assortment of extended travel insurance options to select, including:
- Lost luggage – trip insurance covers up to a certain amount for you to rebuy essential items until your luggage is recovered.
- Accommodation replacement – If there is a problem with your lodging when you arrive on vacation, extended travel insurance may pay for alternative lodgings.
- Transportation – If your flight is changed and you find yourself without means of transportation to your hotel or final destination, extended insurance will help pay for transportation.
Have Any Questions About Commercial Insurance?
Ron Johnston Insurance believes in giving our clients all the facts. We have included some of our most frequently asked travel insurance questions to shed further light on holiday insurance options.
For more information on travel insurance, or to purchase trip cancellation insurance today, we invite you to contact Ron Johnston Insurance. Call us at 1-705-325-6200 to speak to one of our experienced travel health insurance brokers.