Ontario is home to some beautiful towns and cities, including the District Municipality of Muskoka. Located in the central region of the province, Muskoka sees more than 2-million visitors every year. With access to the Georgian Bay, Algonquin Provincial Park, and Lake Couchiching, Muskoka is a paradise for residents and visitors alike.
While life in Muskoka is filled with fun and opportunity, it is not without risk. Muskoka residents and business owners rely on Ron Johnston Insurance to provide the best coverage and premiums with plenty of options for customization.
Among the many insurance products Muskoka dwellers can rely on, Ron Johnston Insurance coverage includes:
Home Insurance in Muskoka
Purchasing a new home is exciting, but even in the safe haven of Muskoka, home insurance is necessary to protect your property and belongings. While not legally required in Ontario, most financial institutions and renters have strict rules about obtaining insurance before they will supply you with a mortgage or rental unit.
Ron Johnston Insurance for your home covers:
- Property and structures
- Unattached structures (shed, fence, deck, and more)
Ron Johnston offers five unique home insurance products in Muskoka, these are:
- Homeowners – If you own a home, or are purchasing a home, homeowners insurance protects your property, structures, and belongings against damage and liability.
- Tenant – Renters insurance covers damage to common areas in a rented building, but your unit and belongings are left unprotected. Tenant insurance covers damage and liability in your rental.
- Renters – Rented property runs a higher risk of damage and theft. Protect your income properties with renters insurance.
- Condominium – Owning a condo means much of the common area and outside portion of your home are protected under the condo corporation’s insurance policy. However, your personal home and belongings require condominium insurance to reduce risk of financial loss due to damage or liability.
- Cottage – If you own a seasonal property, cottage insurance protects your cabin year-round from weather damage, fire, theft, vandalism and more.
Damage covered in most home insurance products includes:
Extended policy options are also available when you work with a Ron Johnston Insurance broker in Muskoka.
Auto Insurance in Muskoka
To safely and legally drive in Muskoka, Ontario, auto insurance is a must. Auto coverage applies to:
Auto insurance protects against a variety of potential risks, including:
- Collision damage
- Emergency and tow services
- Medical fees
- Uninsured drivers
Life Insurance in Muskoka
Life in Muskoka might be safe and calm most of the time, but there is always a chance of the unexpected. Ron Johnston Insurance protects Muskoka clients with a range of life insurance products, such as:
Term – Term life insurance covers a specified period from 10-30-years. Premiums are reasonable, and policies can be extended.
Whole Life – As the name suggests, whole life insurance policies protect you over the entirety of your life. They also accumulate cash value the longer you have a policy in place.
Universal – Universal life insurance offers the long-term protection of whole life with the added advantage of safe investments and opportunities for growing your wealth. The cash value of your universal policy can be used during your lifetime with some conditions.
Long Term Disability – Living with a disability is difficult enough without worrying about making ends meet. Long term disability coverage ensures you have an income even while recovering or unemployed. Long term disability protection may last up until the age of retirement at 65.
Critical Illness – Like long term disability coverage, critical illness insurance offers financial support for daily living expenses, medical costs, home care, and other necessities while you focus on your health.
Commercial Insurance in Muskoka
Muskoka is home to some of Ontario’s fastest growing businesses. Protect your commercial investments with Ron Johnston Insurance products like:
- Small Business
- General Liability
- Commercial Auto
- Directors & Officers
- Errors & Omissions
Depending on the commercial coverage you choose, your policy may protect against physical and liability damages.
Travel Insurance in Muskoka
Considering a trip out of the country? As residents of Muskoka, much of your medical coverage falls under the umbrella of the Canadian healthcare system. When you leave Canada, this coverage may not apply. Travel insurance protects you in a variety of situations while away from home, including:
- Medical Assistance
- Emergency Services
- Replaced Luggage
- Alternate Accommodations
- Trip Cancellation
To avoid paying out of pocket, or finding yourself in a difficult situation, travel insurance is there to help when you miss a flight, lose your luggage, or are injured or fall ill during a trip.