Owning a classic car is so much more than a hobby; it’s a lifestyle, and you want to protect that lifestyle with the right insurance product. Classic car insurance is a specialty product designed for vehicles reserved for special occasions.
At Ron Johnston Insurance, we work with many Ontarians involved in the vintage car community. We know no two collector vehicles are alike, and we don’t expect your insurance coverage to be the same either. We work closely with clients like you to customize bespoke antique car insurance policies that fit your car and your driving style.
Why Buy Classic Car Insurance with Ron Johnston?
For more than four decades, Ron Johnston Insurance has served the people of Ontario in a broad range of auto insurance services, including classic car insurance.
Being a local business, our team of experienced brokers know we aren’t just serving clients, but friends and neighbours. We strive to provide the greatest level of protection on all classic car insurance policies while meeting your budget needs with every quote.
When you work with Ron Johnston Insurance for your vintage car insurance, you work with a team who believes in:
- Above and Beyond – Our brokers work around the clock to find the best deals for our clients. We aren’t satisfied until we know all your needs have been met, and you have peace of mind about your antique car.
- Express Claims – We offer express claims on our collector car insurance for accessibility and convenience.
- Customer Satisfaction – Your satisfaction is important to us. Our business is protecting you and your vintage car. If you aren’t satisfied, we aren’t doing our job right.
What Does Vintage Car Insurance Cover?
Are you wondering what kind of coverage to expect in a vintage car insurance policy? You’re not alone. Many of the perils in a standard auto insurance policy are included, but there are differences.
Eligibility for Classic Car Insurance
- Age: Most insurance providers require the car to be between 10 and 24-years to be deemed classic and 25-years or more to be deemed antique.
- Condition: Even with the vast age of these vehicles, your classic or antique car must be in good running order and be relevant in the car world for historical or brand purposes.
- Usage: Classic cars cannot be used every day as your vintage car insurance policy protects them for infrequent use. Too much use of an older vehicle could impact risk and increase the chances of an accident or breakdown.
- Safekeeping: To maintain the condition of your classic car, it should be stored in a fully enclosed garage. This minimizes contact with damp, ice, wind, and other elements, altering its condition.
Protection Options for Your Classic or Antique Car
As with most car insurance products, your vintage car insurance covers you against a myriad of damage and liability issues. This insurance product aims to protect you from financial loss in situations resulting from:
- Falling Objects
You may also opt for extended coverage against all perils, to include risks like:
- Water damage
Types of insurance coverage you can expect within the scope of classic car insurance include:
In an auto accident, collision insurance is there to help cover costs of repairs to your vehicle, emergency services, towing services, medical services, and more. Many insurance providers offer direct compensation coverage with collision protection. This allows you to get your car repaired and pay additional emergency costs without waiting for a third-party insurer to process your claim if the other driver was at fault.
If you are in an accident that injures another driver, passenger, or pedestrian, your liability insurance protects you from legal fees and medical costs.
Liability protection also extends to cover the belongings of other people involved in an accident. For example, if your classic car goes over a curb and hits a neighbour’s fence, your liability insurance will help repair the fence.
If you are in an accident with an uninsured driver, your uninsured driver coverage helps pay for costs of damage or medical fees no matter who was at fault.
Frequently Asked Antique Car Insurance Questions
It’s important to have all the facts when deciding on the right antique car insurance policy. Here, we’ve included some of our most frequently asked vintage car insurance questions, to ensure you have all the information you need for your policy.
Are you interested in learning more about antique car insurance services with Ron Johnston Insurance? Our team of experienced classic car insurance brokers has years of experience with all types of collector’s vehicles. We understand the industry and what insurance providers are looking for when they set premiums. To get a classic car insurance quote today, we invite you to call us at 1-705-325-6200.
I really enjoy dealing with my broker at Ron Johnston insurance. Neil McKendrey has helped so much, with all of my commercial insurance needs for running my business! I would highly recommend dealing with RJI for their great quality of service!
Their whole staff is great, and Chris is a lifesaver. Strongly recommend them!
Ron insurance we're really professional people and help me out greatly with my policy