For life on the water
Canada has beautiful lakes, rivers, and ocean access, making it a boat lovers’ paradise. In Ontario, it’s important to consider the right boat insurance policy to protect your watercraft, yourself, and your passengers.
Boat insurance protects your watercraft from a myriad of potential perils, such as:
- Liability issues
Boat insurance applies to a variety of watercraft devices, including:
- Fishing boats
- Jet skis
At Ron Johnston Insurance, we provide watercraft insurance that covers you from your home garage to the city marina to your lakeside cabin. Whether your boat is in transit on the road, or being lowered into the water, you can rest assured your boat insurance is actively protecting it.
Why Buy Boat Insurance with Ron Johnston?
For more than four decades, Ron Johnston Insurance has served the people of Ontario in a broad range of watercraft insurance services.
Being a local business, our team of experienced brokers know we aren’t just serving clients, but friends and neighbours. We strive to provide the greatest level of protection on all watercrafts, from jet skis to yacht insurance policies, while meeting your budget needs with every boat insurance quote.
When you work with Ron Johnston Insurance for your watercraft car insurance, you work with a team who believes in:
- Above and Beyond – Our brokers work around the clock to find the best deals for our clients. We aren’t satisfied until we know all your needs have been met, and you have peace of mind about your boat.
- Express Claims – We offer express claims on our boat and jet ski insurance for accessibility and convenience.
- Customer Satisfaction – Your satisfaction is important to us. Our business is protecting you and your watercraft. If you aren’t satisfied, we aren’t doing our job right.
What Does Boat Insurance Cover?
Within the coverage your boat insurance provides, your watercraft is protected in terms of:
- Hull – The body of the boat.
- Belongings – The contents of your boat.
- Trailers – Anything towed by your boat or used to tow your boat to a marina.
- Motor – If your boat is motorized, watercraft insurance covers damage or loss of your motor.
- Furnishings – For larger vessels that might carry furniture and appliances, you can rest assured these items are also protected.
- Equipment – From your radio system to your GPS tools, the equipment on board your vessel is covered.
There are two types of watercraft insurance to consider:
Standard Boat Insurance
A basic boat insurance policy offers protection in the way of:
- Uninsured boaters – If you are on the water and another boater hits you, uninsured boater coverage allows your insurance company to help pay for damage to your watercraft, medical fees, and other concerns, even if the other boater has no insurance of their own.
- Medical – Medical coverage is there to help pay for costs outside of standard medical services covered under Canada’s healthcare system. If you are injured in your boat and need special treatment, medical coverage helps pay the tab.
- Liability – As with all vehicles, liability is an issue when boating. If somebody else, or their property, is harmed by your boat, liability protection acts as a buffer to absorb costs related to legal fees, medical bills, and damage repair.
- Emergency services – Even the most experienced boater find themselves in trouble from time to time. Emergency services coverage helps pay for costs like tug boat rescue, water ambulance, and more.
Extended Boat Insurance
If standard boat insurance isn’t providing enough coverage, you can opt for an extended policy, which can increase coverage in areas like:
- Water damage – Water damage is not included in boat insurance or other watercraft insurance policies for a good reason – these devices spend a lot of time in the water. If you want to protect yourself from expenses relating to mould, mildew, rust, or flooding, water damage coverage is the way to go.
- Pest control – When docked for long periods, boats can draw the attention of pests, especially rodents. Pest control is an extended boat insurance feature you can add to your policy.
- All-risk – As the name suggests, all-risk protection covers your boat from all perils, rather than just those named in your policy. This includes sinking, flood damage, falling objects and more.