In Ontario, car insurance is mandatory on every vehicle you register in the province. Your car insurance protects you from costs incurred during:
- Auto accidents
- Theft of a vehicle
- Vandalism to a vehicle
- Inclement Weather
- Falling objects
Auto insurance is essential not only to reduce out-of-pocket expenses in the event of a motor accident but also to help cover costs of medical expenses, tow trucks, emergency services, and liability issues. If you are in an auto accident and found at fault, you could be sued for damages to another person’s body and vehicle. Vehicle insurance protects you in these instances.
Why Buy Car Insurance with Ron Johnston?
For more than four decades, Ron Johnston Insurance has served the people of Ontario in a broad range of car insurance services.
Being a local business, our team of experienced brokers know we aren’t just serving clients, but friends and neighbours. We strive to provide the greatest level of protection on all car insurance policies while meeting your budget needs with every quote.
When you choose a car insurance broker from Ron Johnston Insurance, you work with a team who believes in:
- Above and Beyond – Our brokers work around the clock to find the best deals for our clients. We aren’t satisfied until we know all your needs have been met, and you have peace of mind about your car.
- Express Claims – We offer express claims on our car insurance for accessibility and convenience.
- Customer Satisfaction – Your satisfaction is important to us. Our business is protecting your automobile and assets. If you aren’t satisfied, we aren’t doing our job right.
What Does Car Insurance Cover?
Vehicle insurance varies by vehicle type and use. For cars used as a daily mode of transportation, your car insurance protects you from costs associated to:
- Tow fees
- Property damage
- Uninsured drivers
- Vehicle damage
- Medical bills
- Loss of vehicle contents
These costs are covered up to a designated limit within your vehicle insurance policy. Working with our car insurance brokers, you can customize your car or truck insurance to reflect your individual driving needs.
There are standard and extended policies for cars. The most basic car insurance protection includes coverage on:
Car insurance claims are handled by the insurance provider of the driver at fault in most situations. However, this means you could be left waiting for months with a vehicle you can’t drive. Direct compensation coverage allows your insurance provider to handle your claim no matter which driver was at fault.
Direct compensation gives you coverage on tow costs, repairs, and medical expenses, while third-party insurers process their client’s claims.
Your liability as a driver leaves you responsible for costs of damages and medical expenses related to any auto collision you are at fault for. Liability protection pays for fees you would otherwise be accountable for.
While it is illegal to drive in Ontario without car insurance, some do. If you are in an accident with an uninsured driver, there is no third-party insurer to pay for damages to your vehicle.
Uninsured driver insurance manages costs in accidents with drivers who do not have car insurance, no matter which driver was at fault.
Accident Benefit Coverage
If a passenger in your vehicle is injured, a pedestrian is struck by your vehicle, or you are injured in a collision, accident benefit coverage assists with medical bills, emergency transport, and other related fees.
Accident benefit coverage claims are handled by your insurance provider no matter who is at fault in the accident.
Extended Vehicle Insurance
If the basic coverage options outlined above don’t meet your needs as a driver, additional coverage options are available. Ron Johnston Insurance offers various extended car insurance options to ensure that you are protected no matter your vehicle type or driving experience.
Extended car insurance options to consider include:
- Accident/Claim Forgiveness: Car and truck insurance premiums often go up when a collision occurs. Accident, or claim forgiveness, ensures your premiums remain the same, even if you are involved in an accident.
- Loss of Use: If you can’t use your car because it is under repair, or has been stolen, loss of use coverage provides you with a rental car, or money toward alternative transportation, until your vehicle is back.
- Limited Waiver of Depreciation: A vehicle depreciates the moment it is driven off the lot. This means if you are in an accident in a new $40,000 vehicle, it may be evaluated as worth $35,000 if needing to be replaced. A limited waiver of depreciation ensures your vehicle retains its original value for a set amount of time – usually up to 36-months after purchase.