Running a business comes with many risks, including those associated with the vehicles your company drives. Commercial auto insurance protects your fleet, no matter the size, from unforeseen costs due to collision, loss, or liability.
At Ron Johnston Insurance, we help Canadian businesses across Ontario with proper protection for your business vehicles. Commercial car insurance covers a variety of vehicle types, including:
- Transport trucks
- Moving vans
- Delivery vehicles
- Corporate cars
- Work trucks
- Specialty commercial vehicles
Within the scope of fleet insurance, you can expect coverage against a variety of liabilities, including:
Businesses in all industries benefit from choosing the right commercial auto insurance. An experienced broker can ensure you select the right products for your brand and usage.
Why Buy Commercial Auto Insurance with Ron Johnston?
For more than four decades, Ron Johnston Insurance has served the people of Ontario in a broad range of auto insurance services.
Being a local business, our team of experienced brokers know we aren’t just serving clients, but friends and neighbours. We strive to provide the greatest level of protection on all commercial vehicle insurance policies while meeting your budget needs with every quote.
When you work with Ron Johnston Insurance for your fleet insurance, you work with a team who believes in:
- Above and Beyond – Our brokers work around the clock to find the best deals for our clients. We aren’t satisfied until we know all your needs have been met, and you have peace of mind about your fleet.
- Express Claims – We offer express claims on our commercial car insurance for accessibility and convenience.
- Customer Satisfaction – Your satisfaction is important to us. Our business is protecting you and your commercial vehicles. If you aren’t satisfied, we aren’t doing our job right.
What Does Commercial Auto Insurance Cover?
Commercial auto insurance covers a variety of costs associated with the perils of driving a work vehicle. There are standard and extended forms of fleet insurance; these include base coverage options such as:
- Collision – Collision coverage helps pay for repairs due to damages in a traffic accident. Generally, your insurance provider will pay for anything over the deductible. For example, if you need to repair a delivery truck and repairs cost $2000, but your deductible is $500, your insurance provider will pay for $1500 in repairs.
- Direct Compensation – Direct compensation coverage is important. If you are in an accident and the other driver is at fault, your insurance claim is usually processed by a third-party insurance provider. Unfortunately, this can be a time-consuming process. Rather than waiting for the insurance company to determine whether your claim will go through, direct compensation coverage allows your insurance provider to pay for repairs, medical costs, and other fees no matter who is at fault.
- Uninsured Driver – Uninsured driver protection is there in the event that you are in an accident with a driver who has not purchased insurance. While insurance is mandatory in Ontario for every driver, some do not always follow the rules. Uninsured coverage sees your fees are paid no matter who is at fault.
- Liability – Liability protection is there to cover you from financial implication if somebody is injured, or property is damaged, and you are found at fault. Rather than having these payments come out of your business’ funds, liability insurance pays for medical fees, tow services, emergency services, or damage repair.
You can also add extended options for coverage on additional perils like:
- Flood damage – Water damage is rarely included in auto insurance perils. If you live in a location where flooding is a risk, or if you are in a business where water damage could be an issue, it might be worthwhile to get additional water damage protection
- Food spoilage – For commercial vehicles carrying food, such as food trucks, food spoilage is a risk. If the power goes and your freezers lose food, food spoilage coverage reimburses you for lost product.
- Vehicle replacement – If your vehicle is being repaired, replacement coverage ensures you are not left without a drive. Your insurance provider gets you a similar vehicle while yours is in the shop.
Frequently Asked Questions About Fleet Insurance
At Ron Johnston Insurance, we want our commercial clients to have all the facts before choosing fleet insurance. To make your decision a little easier, we have included some of our most frequently asked commercial auto insurance questions.
Do you have further commercial vehicle insurance questions? No problem! Ron Johnston’s team of experienced insurance brokers can help. We work tirelessly to ensure we have the best possible coverage at the most affordable rates. We understand that no two businesses are alike, and therefore, your commercial car insurance needs may require customized protection.
For a commercial vehicle insurance quote or more information on fleet insurance, we invite you to call us at 1-705-325-6200.
I really enjoy dealing with my broker at Ron Johnston insurance. Neil McKendrey has helped so much, with all of my commercial insurance needs for running my business! I would highly recommend dealing with RJI for their great quality of service!
Their whole staff is great, and Chris is a lifesaver. Strongly recommend them!
Ron insurance we're really professional people and help me out greatly with my policy